The Chair for CAAD introduces recent developments of information technology and
integrates them into a practical architectural context. Topics consist of; design
supported by digital media, production with CNC machines, and intelligent building
services. The courses link and superimpose these fields to create a broad understanding
of the topics. The connection between different forms of digital information and their
application in real spaces is used to develop new ways of expressing architecture. The
courses examine these connections, manipulate them, and use them for designingarchitecture in the broadest sense.
Production with CNC Machines
|Building IP - Computer Integrated Buildings|
- featuring projects such as:
- Lecture Hall of the future (ETHWorld)
- Villa Garbald - protection of a building monument through new functions based on digital technologies
- ETHGame - real world pervasive game introducing knowledge space and mobile computing
- Blue-C - video immersive surroundings with focus on video privacy and large scale szenarious
- Monitoring Wallpaintings with Information Technology
- and many more under www.building-ip.ethz.ch...
-- GeorgVrachliotis - 05 Jan 2006
Revision r1.2 - 08 Jan 2006 - 08:41 - OdiloSchoch
Copyright © 1999-2003 by the contributing authors.
All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.