MAS ETH ARCH/CAAD HAS MOVED: wiki.caad.arch.ethz.ch/Education/MAS
Chair of CAAD, ETH Zurich
APPLICATION GUIDELINES 2005-06
If you are interested in the Master of advanced Studies ETH in Architecture, Spezialization in Computer Aided Architectural Design, the following describes in a brief way the selection procedure of the Chair of CAAD, ETH Zurich, for the participants of the MAS from october 2005 to october 2006. Please note that the application-deadline for all MAS-courses 2005-06 at the ETH will be May 31, 2005
- General information can be found under http://www.arch.ethz.ch/nds.
- Read carefully the course's aim under MAS:introduction.
- The course is tought in german and english. The thesis can be done either in german or in english.
1. Official Application Forms
- Apply first for the course at "ETH Zentrum für Weiterbildung / Center for ongoing studies" (http://www.zfw.ethz.ch/). The forms can be received from this "Zentrum for Weiterbildung" or from Mr. Bruno Dobler (firstname.lastname@example.org), the coordinator of the ongoing studies at the department of architecture.
2. Portfolio / Reference of Work
- Besides your statement of interest in the official application forms, it is mandatory to all who apply to give us an insight into your work and a statement of your interests. Please send us your portfolio in a printed version, as a PDF file, a CDROM (Mac or Windows) or an internet-based presentation.
- We are mainly interested in participants (not necessarily only persons with a backgound in architecture) that have an interest in getting an deeper insight in what computers mean in the broad world of architecture. The course program from the last year courses shows how this is achieved. The course in the academic year 2005/2006 will roughly follow the settings of it's ancestor, with modifications in modules, exercises and group-thesis work.
- During the examination process of the applications and portfolios we might get into contact with you to clarify questions and goals. This might be done by phone, videoconferencing, email or interview.
If you have any doubts feel free to contact Philipp Schaerer, the nds caad coordinator, under (email@example.com), in order to get answers to your questions. Feel free to visit ETH Zurich and especially the Chair for CAAD. If you do so, we are happy to show you around, just let us know in advance.
Revision r1.5 - 17 Aug 2005 - 12:02 - PhilippSchaerer
Copyright © 1999-2003 by the contributing authors.
All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.